SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
May 9 - 13, 2022.
Information contained in this site is for the 2021 program.
Information for the 2022 program not yet available.
Education for State-of-the-Art Anesthesiology:
Updates, Strategies, and Best Practices
Live Streaming Education for Physicians and Nurse Anesthetists
In the past year, there have been a number of very significant clinical changes that affect the practice of anesthesiology. This comprehensive CME program provides a special and timely opportunity for anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists and others with interest in the field to hear directly from world-renowned specialists and master clinicians about these changes.
The curriculum at Anesthesiology Update 2021 ensures not only that attendees leave with a comprehensive understanding of the latest advances, risk mitigation strategies and anesthesiology guidelines, but also with specific recommendations to incorporate these updates into practice.
The format is engaging and attendees are encouraged to pose questions of the national and international experts who will be delivering the updates and education at this event.
Updates, best practices and new guidelines cover:
- COVID-19 and the anesthesia practitioner
- Sex, gender and perioperative outcomes
- Management of perioperative brain and heart failure
- Care of the parturient
- Nociception monitors
- Artificial Intelligence in anesthesia practice
- Electrical safety in the operating room
- Point-of-care ultrasound
- Perioperative stroke prevention
- Value-based care in geriatric patients
- Perioperative interventions and oncologic outcomes
- Trauma and blood management
- Minimizing complications in regional anesthesia
- Clinician wellness
- The critically ill patient in the operating room
- Risk mitigation
- End-of-life care
Participants will take away important guidelines and checklists that they can put to immediate use in their anesthesia practice.
2021 Guidelines, New Innovations, Challenging Cases, and State-of-the-Art Clinical and Patient Safety Updates in the areas of:
- Regional anesthesia
- Cardiac anesthesia
- Critical care medicine
- Ambulatory anesthesia, office-based anesthesia
- Pediatric anesthesia
- Obstetric anesthesia
- Thoracic anesthesia
- Perioperative transfusion medicine
- Clinician wellness
- Pain management
- Patient safety and risk reduction
- Enhanced recovery after surgery
IMPORTANT DRUG UPDATES
- Anesthetic drugs in the development pipeline
- Anesthetic neurotoxicity
- Total intravenous anesthesia
- Inhalational anesthetics
- Use of nitrous oxide in clinical practice
- New hypnotics
- Medical marijuana
COVID-19 UPDATES FOR THE ANESTHESIA PRACTITIONER
- Ventilator management in COVID patients
- End-of-life care in COVID patients
- Establishing quality metrics for the operating room during COVID-19
- Hospice care during the pandemic
- Care of post-COVID patients
- Clinician wellness during COVID-19
OPTIMIZED FOR REMOTE EDUCATION
The 2021 program has been enhanced for distance learning. In addition to being live streamed, all sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for online viewing for 30 days after the end of the course.