SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
May 13 - 17, 2019.
Information contained in this site is for the 2018 program.
Information for the 2019 program not yet available.
Updates, Best Practices, and New Guidelines for Clinical Anesthesiology
Ambulatory, Cardiac, Critical Care, Obstetric, Pain Management, Pediatric, Regional, Thoracic
In the past year, there have been a number of very significant clinical changes that affect the practice of anesthesiology. This comprehensive CME program provides a special and timely opportunity for anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists and others with interest in the field to hear directly from world-renowned specialists and master clinicians about these changes.
The curriculum at Anesthesiology Update 2018 ensures not only that attendees leave with a comprehensive understanding of the latest advances, risk mitigation strategies and anesthesiology guidelines, but also with specific recommendations to incorporate these updates into practice.
The format is engaging and attendees are encouraged to pose questions in sessions as well as one-on-one with the national and international experts who will be delivering the updates and education at this event. This program also features a variety of hands-on, skills advancement workshops.
Updates, best practices and new guidelines cover:
- Consciousness, Memory and Coma
- Evaluating Novel Airway Devices
- Managing Traumatic Brain Injury
- Ambulatory Extended Recovery
- The Art of Handoff: Best Practices
- Opioid-Induced Hyperalgesia
- Perioperative Anemia and Blood Management
- Preoperative Cardiac Evaluation
- New Drugs in Anesthesia
- Point-of-Care Ultrasound
- Opioid and Pain Management
- End-of-Life Care
- Patient Safety
- Wellness in Anesthesia Providers
Participants will take away important guidelines and checklists that they can put to immediate use in their anesthesia practice.
2018 Guidelines, New Innovations, Challenging Cases, and State-of-the-Art Clinical and Patient Safety Updates in the areas of:
- Regional Anesthesia
- Cardiac Anesthesia
- Critical Care Medicine
- Ambulatory Anesthesia
- Pediatric Anesthesia
- Obstetric Anesthesia
- Thoracic Anesthesia
- Preoperative Assessment
- Perioperative Transfusion Medicine
- Neurocognitive Screening
- Clinician Wellness
- Global Health
- Pain Management
- Patient Safety and Risk Reduction
IMPORTANT DRUG UPDATES
- Anesthetic Drugs in the Development Pipeline
- Perioperative Use of Oxygen
- Anesthetic Antidotes
- Intravenous Anesthetic Kinetics
- Anesthetic Neurotoxicity
- Difficult Airway Workshop (click here)
- ACLS Workshop (click here)
- Point-of-Care Ultrasound Workshop (click here)
- Regional Anesthesia Workshop (click here)
- Simple Practices to Enhance Clinician Health and Prevent/Combat Burnout (click here)
- ACLS Workshop