SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
May 8 – 12, 2023.
Information contained in this site is for the 2022 program.
Information for the 2023 program not yet available.
The Comprehensive 2022 Anesthesiology Update
Cardiac, Regional, Office-Based, Thoracic, Obstetric, Neuro, and Pediatric
In the past year, there have been a number of very significant clinical changes that affect the practice of anesthesiology. This comprehensive CME program provides a special and timely opportunity for anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists and others with interest in the field to hear directly from world-renowned specialists and master clinicians about these changes.
The curriculum at Anesthesiology Update 2022 ensures not only that attendees leave with a comprehensive understanding of the latest advances, risk mitigation strategies and anesthesiology guidelines, but also with specific recommendations to incorporate these updates into practice.
The format is engaging and attendees are encouraged to pose questions of the national and international experts who will be delivering the updates and education at this event.
Updates, best practices and new guidelines cover:
- Anesthesia mortality and complications
- COVID-19 and the anesthesia practitioner
- Care of the parturient
- Complex clinical challenges
- Ideal monitor of awareness
- Simpler enhanced recovery bundle
- Non-operating room anesthesia: advances and challenges
- Carbon footprint of volaile anesthetic agents
- Neurotoxicity in infants
- Sex, gender and perioperative outcomes
- Management of perioperative brain and heart failure
- Artificial intelligence in anesthesia practice
- Point-of-care ultrasound
- Postoperative cognitive dysfunction: risk management
- Perioperative acute kidney injury
- Value-based care in geriatric patients
- Perioperative issues for gender-diverse youth
- Minimizing complications in regional anesthesia
- Clinician wellness
- The critically ill patient in the operating room
- Risk mitigation
- End-of-life care
Participants will take away important guidelines and checklists that they can put to immediate use in their anesthesia practice.
2022 Guidelines, New Innovations, Challenging Cases, and State-of-the-Art Clinical and Patient Safety Updates in the areas of:
- Regional anesthesia
- Cardiac anesthesia
- Critical care medicine
- Ambulatory anesthesia, office-based anesthesia
- Pediatric anesthesia
- Obstetric anesthesia
- Thoracic anesthesia
- Perioperative transfusion medicine
- Clinician wellness
- Pain management
- Patient safety and risk reduction
- Enhanced recovery after surgery
IMPORTANT DRUG UPDATES
- Anesthetic drugs in the development pipeline
- Anesthetic neurotoxicity
- Total intravenous anesthesia
- Inhalational anesthetics
- New hypnotics
- Medical marijuana
COVID-19 UPDATES FOR THE ANESTHESIA PRACTITIONER
- Ventilator management in COVID patients
- Care of the parturient with COVID-19 and sepsis
- End-of-life care in COVID patients
- Perioperative health policy: our role in a post-pandemic world
- Managing a multigenerational team through a pandemic and beyond
- Hospice care during the pandemic
- Care of post-COVID patients
- Clinician wellness during COVID-19
OPTIMIZED FOR REMOTE EDUCATION
The 2022 program has been enhanced for distance learning. In addition to being live streamed, all sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for online viewing for 30 days after the end of the course.